Thursday, January 20, 2011

SharePoint 2010 Branding issue with wide content

I tried to branding my master page and everything works great if the page content is not big enough.

image

But when the page has wide horizontal data, I am having weird issue as show below. Somehow #s4-bodyContainer width is not set to 100%( tried both Min-width and width). Same behavior with default v4.master too.

clip_image004

I found the following hack from the internet to fix the issue.

BODY #s4-bodyContainer

        {

            display:-moz-inline-stack;

            display:inline-block;

            zoom:1;

            *display:inline;

            min-width:100%;

            *min-width:100%;

        }

This one works very well in IE8 but not in IE7. In IE7, second div pushes down.

clip_image006

I am trying to find any workaround for this issue and if i found any i will update this post.

 

Update:

02/09/2011 3:29 PM

I tired the Randy Drisgill master page, Real World Branding with SharePoint 2010 and it shows multiple scroll bars if have more data. Check the following screenshots. I feel, this is not user friendly as user has to vertically scroll down and then select horizontal scroll bar to see the data.

 

clip_image002[6]

clip_image002[4]

0 comments:

Post a Comment